May is a fun month. It includes a day devoted to eating tacos and drinking margaritas, Cinco de Mayo. It features one of the sweetest and most important holidays of all, Mother’s Day. Then there’s Memorial Day, which is both a poignant holiday and the unofficial kickoff to summer.
And, if all that isn’t fun enough for you, May even boasts the only holiday celebrated with pole dancing. Of course, that would be the maypole dancing on May Day.
The fact that the weather is improving is just one more reason to get excited about May. In many places, May is when the chill of winter finally dissipates and things begin to really grow. It’s when those April showers pay off with some beautiful May flowers, as the old saying promises.
If the coming of May has you in a good mood, why not spread those positive feelings far and wide? To help you, we’ve put together the following list of Happy May wishes for friends, family, coworkers, and all the rest. Send these messages over social media, text message, or any other medium suitable for sharing flowery greetings.
General May Wishes
To start, here are some general messages celebrating the month of May and all it has to offer.
- Hope your month is positively a-May-zing!
- Wishing everyone a very merry month of May!
- May is the time of year when everything really begins to Spring to life. Enjoy all the beauty around you!
- Goodbye, April. Goodbye, showers. Hello, May! Hello, flowers!
- Hope you have an amazing month… come what May.
- May is here, and I’m eagerly awaiting those flowers we were promised last month when it was raining so much.
- Wishing you a bright and beautiful May, with plenty more warmth and wonder on the way!
- Happy May, everyone! Hope your month is filled with sunshine and warmth.
- Just wanted to wish you a Happy May. But what are you doing reading this? Go outside and have some fun!
- Wishing you a merry month of May and a spectacular Spring!
- May your May be beautiful.
May Day Greetings
May Day isn’t just the first day of May. It’s a holiday with its own unique history and customs that many people may not know about. Here are some ideas for wishing people a Happy May Day.
- May your May Day be a great day!
- Happy May Day! Enjoy this wonderful time of year when all things Spring to life!
- Hope your May Day is as beautiful as the flowers in bloom.
- Wishing you a bright, warm, and beautiful May Day!
- Sending warm wishes for a wonderful May Day!
- If the birds are singing, and the flowers are blooming, and spring is finally in full force, then it must be May. Happy May Day, everyone!
- May is here, and not a moment too soon. Hope you enjoy this May Day to the fullest.
- Hooray for May Day and the warmer days that are on the way!
- Happy May Day to all my blossoming friends, as well as my long-time buds.
- Take a walk. Smell a flower. Catch some sun. But whatever you do, have a Happy May Day!
Finally, here are a handful of famous quotes about the month of May.
- “All things seem possible in May.”
Edwin Way Teale
- “May, more than any other month of the year, wants us to feel most alive.”
- “The month of May is the pleasant time; its face is beautiful; the blackbird sings his full song, the living wood is his holding, the cuckoos are singing and ever singing; there is a welcome before the brightness of the summer.”
- “As full of spirit as the month of May, and as gorgeous as the sun in Midsummer.”
- “I thought that spring must last forevermore; for I was young and loved, and it was May.”
- “Sweet May hath come to love us,
Flowers, trees, their blossoms don;
And through the blue heavens above us
The very clouds move on.”Heinrich Heine
- “Queer things happen in the garden in May. Little faces forgotten appear, and plants thought to be dead suddenly wave a green hand to confound you.”
- “Another May new buds and flowers shall bring:
Ah! why has happiness no second Spring?”Charlotte Smith
- “The month of May was come, when every lusty heart beginneth to blossom, and to bring forth fruit.”
Sir Thomas Malory
- “What potent blood hath modest May.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson