Christmas is a time to send festive greetings to all the important people in your life – and that, of course, includes your boss. Call us jaded, but it seems more than a little obvious that you want to stay in the good graces of someone who writes your performance reviews and approves your vacation.
What might not seem obvious is what you should say in a holiday message to your boss. If you have a close personal friendship with her or him, you could go for one of the usual Christmas greetings. But for a more typical boss/employee relationship, a different sort of message is in order.
For ideas, check out the following list of Christmas wishes for the boss. These yuletide greetings go great in a Christmas card, text message, or whatever medium you want to use to send your boss some holiday cheer.
- Merry Christmas to a boss who keeps the office humming along like Santa’s Workshop!
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to a great boss! Working for you has been a joy, and I look forward to all the opportunities and experiences the new year has to offer.
- Having you for a boss is a better gift than anything I’m liable to find under the Christmas tree. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
- Thank you for your leadership and support over the past year. I hope you get a chance to relax and spend plenty of time with loved ones over the holidays.
- Wishing you and your family all the best this holiday season. I’m lucky to have a caring and supportive boss like you.
- Having you for a boss is truly the gift that keeps on giving. May you get everything your heart desires this Christmas.
- Best wishes to you and yours this holiday season. Your hard work and dedication inspire us all.
- Merry Christmas, boss! Hope you enjoy your time off, and don’t have too much work waiting for you when you get back.
- Happy Holidays to a great boss! Wishing you a peaceful Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
- Working for this company feels like being part of a family, and that’s largely thanks to you. I’m grateful for your dedication, fairness, and overall leadership. It’s been a great year, and I look forward to another great year ahead.
- It’s been an amazing year, boss! I hope you can take some time this Christmas to reflect on all of your accomplishments. You have a lot to be proud of.
- Hope you have a wonderful, stress-free Christmas surrounded by friends and family. If anyone deserves it, you do.
- Merry Christmas to a great boss and an even better friend.
- Thanks for all the support you’ve given me over the past year. I couldn’t ask for a better supervisor. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Happy Holidays to a wonderful boss! I know it might be hard for someone as selfless as you are, but please take some time to yourself this Christmas to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
- May you enjoy the holidays with nary a thought of work!
- It’s been a challenging year. I’m so grateful that we had you to guide us through it, and under your leadership, I look forward to a successful year ahead. In the meantime, enjoy your time with your family this Christmas.
- Merry Christmas to the hardest working boss outside of Santa Claus himself. I look forward to another year in your workshop.
- From my family to yours, Merry Christmas. I am truly grateful to have a boss like you.
- It’s been a pleasure working for you over the past year. I see nothing but good things for this team under your inspiring leadership. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
- Christmas is a time to count our blessings. I count myself blessed to have you as a boss. Happy Holidays to a wonderful friend and mentor!
- Christmas is a time for family, and I’m thankful for the wonderful work family I have and the boss who brings everyone together. I wish you nothing but the best this holiday season.
- You deserve a mountain of presents for all the hard work you’ve done over the past year. Merry Christmas, boss!
- This year was great, and next year promises to be even greater with you in charge. Thanks for your leadership – and Merry Christmas!
- Having you for a boss is one of the best gifts anyone could receive. Hope your holidays are full of wonder and joy.