One of the more surprising things for new parents is the sheer amount of stuff you need to care for a baby. There’s clothes, toys, car seat, crib, stroller, night light, baby monitor, bottles, nursing pillow, onesies and on and on. But perhaps the most important items of all are diapers, because those, you never want to run out of.
The trouble is, most people don’t get excited about buying diapers as a baby shower gift. They need to be asked, encouraged, perhaps even bribed. This is what diaper raffles are all about.
The concept is simple: Guests are asked to bring a package of diapers to the shower, often in lieu of a card. In return, they get a raffle ticket that enters them into a drawing. The prize is usually a gift card or something with sentimental or emotional value.
If you’re planning a baby shower diaper raffle, the challenge is explaining the rules succinctly. After all, the instructions typically need to fit in the invitation text or a small insert sent out with the invites. To give you some ideas, here are some diaper raffle wording samples using poems and snappy sayings.
Short and Simple
Here’s some straightforward diaper raffle wording that’s ideal for adding to the text of a shower invite.
- P.S. We’re having a diaper raffle! To enter, please bring one package of diapers (any size) in lieu of a card. In return, you’ll get a chance to win a semi-fabulous prize package!
- Optional Diaper Raffle: To participate, please bring one small package of diapers for a chance to win a prize.
- Bring a package of diapers any size
For a chance to win a special prize!
- Diaper Raffle: For each package of diapers you bring, you will receive one entry in our prize drawing. First prize is getting the baby named after you. Just kidding – it’s a gift card!
- [Ticket Insert] Bring this ticket and a package of diapers (any size) to be entered into the Diaper Raffle.
Diaper Raffle Poems
Here are a few longer poems that might be more appropriate for an insert, depending on how much space you have.
- A Small Request:
Keeping baby changed is really hard
So please consider diapers instead of a card
Just bring a pack other than newborn size
And you’ll be entered to win a prize
- We hope this isn’t too much to ask
But diapers for babies go really fast
If you wouldn’t mind bringing a package or two
You’d have mom and dad’s gratitude
In exchange for these diapers of any size
You’ll be entered to win a cool prize
- We’re having a raffle
Entering is not hard
Just bring a package of diapers
Instead of a card
If you could do this for us
That would be super
If not, you’ll give new meaning
To the words “Party Pooper”
- A Message From the Parents-to-Be:
Diapers never last
So if it’s not too much to ask
Bring a package for the diaper raffle
So we can cover that ass
If the diaper raffle is part of a baby sprinkle, you might also want to check out these wording ideas.