For many, Easter is a profound religious holiday highlighted by church services. For others, it’s just an opportunity to devour chocolate bunnies and make horrible egg puns. Like other enduring holidays, this beloved moveable feast inspires a slew of different feelings in the people who celebrate it.
That said, the fact that there are these differences shouldn’t stop you from sending Easter greetings to all the important people in your life. It just means that your Easter greetings might be radically different from someone else’s.
To help you find the right words, we’ve put together a basketful of Easter wishes in a variety of forms. It includes everything from funny (and punny) messages, to profound spiritual sentiments. You can use these eggs-tra special Easter wishes as-is, or color them with your own unique wit and style.
Here are some Easter messages that are simple, sincere, and suitable for just about any situation.
- Wishing you a basketful of blessings this Easter!
- You know what they say about Easter: It’s hare today and gone tomorrow. Enjoy it while it lasts!
- I love all the holidays, but Easter is just to dye for. Hope your Easter is egg-cellent!
- May the Easter Bunny bring you many gifts, and leave nary a pellet in your yard.
- Eat all the goodies you want this Easter – I won’t make a peep!
- It’s that special time of the year when it’s okay to put all your eggs in one basket. Happy Easter!
- Easter is a time of hope and renewal. And chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. Wishing you the best of everything this Easter.
- Hold onto your jelly beans – Easter is here!
- May you consume all the chocolate bunnies and marshmallow chicks you can handle this Easter.
- Hoppy Easter to all my peeps!
Here are some Easter blessings that honor the religious nature of the holiday.
- Love is stronger than death. Have a blessed Easter!
- May God’s light shine on you this Easter, and in all the days to come.
- He is Risen! Wishing you a blessed Easter as we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ.
- Springtime is a powerful reminder of God’s presence here on Earth. I hope you enjoy the beauty of His creation and receive His many blessings this Easter.
- Easter reminds me of all the wonderful things God has given me. Having people like you in my life is one of the greatest blessings of all. Happy Easter!
- Wishing you all the best at this most joyous and holy time of year. Happy Easter!
Looking for an Easter wish you can send to a romantic partner? Here are some ideas.
- Happy Easter to my Honey Bunny!
- I wouldn’t trade you for all the Easter Bunny’s chocolate. Happy Easter to my sweetie… from some-bunny who loves you a lot.
- Your love is like a warm Spring day after a long, cold winter. Happy Easter to the sweetest boyfriend ever.
- I don’t need to hunt for Easter eggs. I’ve already found everything I’m looking for in you. Happy Easter, baby!
- There’s something about this time of year that makes me feel so alive… kind of like I feel whenever I’m with you. Happy Easter, my love!
These special Easter blessings are perfect for sharing with a close friend.
- Happy Easter to a wonderful friend. You’re a good egg.
- Spring is here and everything is growing… including my gratitude for having people like you in my life. Hope you have a wonderful Easter!
- Finding Easter eggs? Easy. Finding another friend like you? Impossible. Happy Easter to a truly irreplaceable person in my life.
- Just wanted to send my sincere Easter wishes to some-bunny who’s very special to me.
- The seasons may be changing, but my love for you never will. Happy Easter to my best friend!
Here are some messages to share with your mother on Easter.
- Happy Easter to my amazing mom! When it comes to being everywhere at once, the Easter Bunny has nothing on you!
- When I think of Easter, I think of colored eggs, pictures with the Easter Bunny, and baskets full of goodies. In other words, I think of all the things you did to make my Easters special growing up.
- Happy Easter, Mom! The fact that you always made Easter special for me as a child is just one more reason why I appreciate you so much.
Here are some Easter wishes for good old Dad.
- Happy Easter to an egg-cellent father! Thought you might appreciate a little dad humor for Easter.
- Dad, thanks for all the Easter egg hunts over the years. I imagine there are still undiscovered plastic eggs in the backyard!
- Happy Easter, Dad! Now that you no longer have Easter egg hunts to conduct, I hope you can take some time for yourself.
Looking for an Easter greeting for your sis? Here are a few options.
- Happy Easter to an egg-quisite sister!
- Happy Easter to my sister, the best Easter egg finder I ever saw.
- Happy Easter, Sis! Hope you get some time to kick back, relax, and eat your fair share of chocolate bunnies!
These Easter wishes are written specifically for a brother.
- Happy Easter, Bro! I love you, even if you did hog all the Easter eggs when we were kids!
- Hope you have a wonderful Easter. I still treasure the memories of the Easters we spent together as kids.
- Happy Easter to my brother, who I swear can eat more Peeps and Cadbury Eggs than anyone on the face of the Earth.
Here are some Easter messages to share with a daughter of any age.
- Happy Easter to a daughter who is prettier than any flower, and continues to blossom into a wonderful young lady.
- Happy Easter to my little bun bun!
- God has given us so many blessings, but none greater than the one we received when our daughter was born. Happy Easter, sweetheart.
Finally, here are some Easter greetings to send to a son.
- I’m so blessed to have a son like you… not just on Easter, but the whole year through!
- Son, I wish nothing but the best for you this Easter… the same thing I wish for you every day.
- Happy Easter to my son, who never failed to find every single egg in the yard, no matter how well hidden.
As you can see, the Easter wishes above are perfect for jotting down in a greeting card. However, if you’re looking for even more options, you can find them in this list of Easter card sayings.